In January 2011, we were dismayed to learn that Hayman, a longtime recommendation of Andrew Harper, had sustained significant damage during Cyclone Anthony. This private island resort near Australia’s Great Barrier Reef reopened in August 2011 after completing major restoration work, but Hayman didn’t feel satisfied to return to the status quo. It continued to make refurbishments, upgrading its accommodations, restaurants, gardens and even its yacht.
Since the cyclone, Hayman has unveiled the following improvements:
– Eight new Beach Villas on the oceanfront with “Beach Butler” service
– A two-bedroom Penthouse designed by Diane Von Furstenberg
– The launch of Fontaine, a contemporary restaurant highlighting local produce
– Gourmet “Tailored Picnics,” along with other new private dining experiences
– Upgrades to the sleek Sun Goddess yacht, used for transfers and tours of the Great Barrier Reef
– New tennis courts
– New gardens, including a 40-acre botanical garden and an “Island Bushwalk”
We’re pleased to see Hayman back on its feet and better than ever!