Join the Andrew Harper Team
Andrew Harper is currently searching for qualified individuals to fill the following positions:
Vice President of Technology
Vice President of Technology
Andrew Harper is looking for a VP, Technology to join the Andrew Harper leadership team during a time of tremendous opportunity, change and growth. Are you game?
As the VP of Technology, you own the capabilities of the Andrew Harper platform and its supporting systems. Yours is a key role in growing our membership, email subscribers and traffic 10x in the next 18 to 24 months.
You develop, guide and execute on technology initiatives that grow Andrew Harper’s membership, improve operational efficiency and reduce errors in execution.
You enable your team as player-coach to implement features and fixes in an acceptable amount of time with quality and security. You are responsible for crafting, communicating and leading the process by which your team interfaces with stakeholders from across the company.
As an individual contributor, you own responsibility for system uptime, performance and quality. You will work with your team and stakeholders to ensure that nonfunctional requirements such as stability, security and scalability are built into the Andrew Harper platform.
As a member of the Andrew Harper team, you dream up new features to attract new subscribers and members and delight the thousands we already have every time they visit the site. You work with your peers on the leadership team to ensure focus is on the right efforts and that execution is successful.
Desired Skills & Experiences:
The ideal candidate is familiar with the various technologies that make a small company and its software platform go. You are at home reviewing a budget with the CFO and discussing application topologies with your team. You enjoy measuring and improving system performance by tuning supporting systems such as web servers, application servers and databases. You are relentless about supporting the initiatives that translate to company growth and success.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or similar. Alternatively, 5 years’ professional experience as a systems engineer
- 1+ years as a technical manager/director/executive with HR duties
- 1+ years managing a budget
- 1+ years managing IT support systems (email, chat clients, office networks, etc.)
- 2+ years as a systems engineer in Linux
- 2+ years running Python systems (Django preferred)
- 2+ years with relational databases (Postgres preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience with build systems (CircleCI, Shippable, TravisCi preferred)
The VP of Technology coaches and mentors his or her team and peers.
- 2+ years’ experience in an Agile environment
- 1+ years working with peers to ensure technology efforts are effective across the entire business or business unit
- 1+ years coaching/mentoring staff in prioritization of work, best practices and small unit tactics/cohesion
- 1+ years with employee review process
Software is created by people. A strong technical team leader has a number of skills and experiences to help them strengthen the organization as a whole.
- Understand the path to 10x starts with 2x and improve from there
- Ability to coach and educate peers about technical opportunities and challenges
- Experience recruiting, hiring and onboarding talented engineers
- Desire to help all stakeholders define requirements for features that lead to the success of Andrew Harper initiatives
- Competitive Salary
- Company Equity
- Matching 401k
- Personal Travel Fund
Three reasons to work with Andrew Harper:
- You realize, above all things, that technology must serve the needs of the business, and that the business cannot reach its goals without effective technology execution.
- You value your time as an individual technology contributor equally with your management responsibilities.
- You own the technology problems of your organization and are dedicated to demonstrating improvement in your organization on a regular basis.
Three reasons Andrew Harper is not for you:
- You see yourself only as a manager first and an individual contributor a distant second.
- You need the stability of a long-planning horizon to succeed.
- You are a command-and-control-style leader.
How Do I Get This Cool Job?
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com.
What is Andrew Harper?
Andrew Harper inspires exceptional high-end travel through unbiased discovery and honest recommendations of the world’s best hideaways and hotel experiences. These recommendations and reviews are delivered by a team of anonymous editors traveling the globe to deliver a monthly publication, The Hideaway Report, and an annual update of guidebooks known as The Collection. AndrewHarper.com is the digital doorway to this membership experience, delivering travel and lifestyle content to a growing email base of adventure-seekers and globetrotters looking for transformative travel experiences.